I first saw a “Nectar List” on a blog post I recently came across.
She describes a “Nectar List” as “…a lot like a Bucket List, but instead of listing the things we want to do before we kick the bucket, we list the things that have been the nectar of our existence so far. It’s cheesy, I know, but urbandictionary told me sweet nectar was slang for ‘to live’ like kick the bucket is slang for ‘to die.'”
Cute, right? So, I decided to do the same. I really encourage everyone to make one of these and constantly add to it. Thank you DaydreamingInInk for the inspiration!
1. I’ve travelled all over Italy for 10 days. *make that a semester now!
2. I’ve been out of the country on vacation to Mexico, Turks and Caicos, Jamaica, Bahamas and the Dominican Republic.
3. I’ve went to a foam party on the beach in Mexico on the 4th of July.
4. I’ve seen Van Gogh’s “Starry Night” in person.
5. I’ve adventured the Mayan ruins of Tulum.
6. I’ve climbed a waterfall in Jamaica.
7. I’ve swam with dolphins and sharks.
8. I’ve cliff jumped where it was illegal.
9. I’ve been to an old fashioned drive-in movie theatre.
10. I’ve been to a plethora of concerts… Taylor Swift, Jonas Brothers (tbt), Maroon 5, J. Cole, Big Sean, All Time Low… the list goes on!
11. I won an international business contest in high school and spent five days in California because of it.
12. I’ve walked on Rodeo Drive.
13. I’ve hiked up to the Hollywood sign.
14. I’ve dressed up like Taylor Swift and made a music video with my best friend.
15. I’ve finally applied for a semester abroad!!
16. I was finally accepted for my semester abroad!!
17. I’m CURRENTLY studying abroad!!!
18. I leave love letters around my town, thanks to Hannah Brencher.
19. I ugly cry to Grey’s Anatomy. All. The. Time. (and I’m proud!)
20. I spent a weekend at a private villa in Croatia.
21. I’ve made friends with some Italian locals.
22. I’ve experienced true Italian food and it couldn’t get any better.
23. I spontaneously got a tattoo while studying abroad with my best friend. It’s a crescent moon to symbolize this quote: “I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.”
24. I’ve swam in the Mediterranean and Adriatic Sea.
25. I went to actual Oktoberfest in actual Munich, Germany and made friends with Swiss people!
26. I spent an entire day on a farm in Passignano sul Trasimeno, Italy harvesting grapes for winemaking, petting puppies/ducklings and eating delicious food.
27. I went on a gondola ride through Venice.
28. I stood under the Eiffel Tower while it sparkled at night.
29. I saw the Mona Lisa in person.
30. I spent my 20th birthday in London surrounded by amazing people. We went to a 20’s themed bar after dinner. (Thank you, Jade!)
More to come soon!